This guide provides information for the Abode Indoor Siren & how to pair it with the Abode Gateway.
If you have had in issue when pairing the siren device with the gateway, simply follow these steps:
- Unplug the siren from the AC outlet. Make sure that the gateway is in Pairing Mode using the Other Device option in the web app
- Then press the Sirens Clear Pairing button 4 times. The siren should show up on the pairing device pop up screen, then add it and name it.
The Abode Indoor Siren is AC powered with a rechargeable battery. It is capable of sounding its 95dB siren when the Abode alarm system is activated. It can be plugged into any indoor AC power outlet.
1. Function Button/LED Indicator
- Press and hold for 10 seconds to enter the pairing mode
- LED flashes once when the button is pressed
- LED continuous flash when the siren is under pairing mode or the system is in the alarming mode
2. Alarm volume and other sounds
- Alarm siren volume is not adjustable
- Entry / Exit / Arm / Home Arm / Disarm - These sounds (beeps) are defaulted to OFF. Sounds are user controllable from the web app, by clicking your siren on your dashboard
3. AC Connect - Plug into local wall AC outlet
The siren is powered by AC power; plug the siren into a power outlet to activate the siren. The siren will enter normal operation mode.
There is a rechargeable battery inside the siren that serves as a backup in case of a power failure. During normal operation, AC power is used to power the siren and at the same time recharge its battery.
After AC power failure, the battery will provide power to the siren for 12 hours, then transmit a low battery signal to the gateway and send notifications. After AC is restored and battery is fully recharged, the siren will transmit a low battery restored notification to the gateway.
1. Click on Add Device
- Then click on Other Devices. This will open the pairing screen and the gateway is ready for you to add the siren device.
Follow the steps below to pair the Indoor Siren with the gateway.
A. Plug the indoor siren into a power outlet. The siren will emit 2 short beeps and the LED will flash twice to indicate it is now in normal operation mode.
B. Press and hold the function button for 10 seconds until the LED begins to flash and the siren will send the pairing signal to the gateway. If the indoor siren successfully pairs with the gateway, the siren device will show up in the “add device” list, and the siren will beep 2 times to confirm it is communicating with the gateway. Complete the process by adding the device and naming the siren.
After pairing the siren with the gateway, check the web app device list to ensure the siren has been included. If the siren did not pair with the gateway, unplug the siren from the wall and press the function button 4 time to see if it shows up on the pairing screen, then plug in back into the wall.
When an alarm is activated, the indoor siren will activate its buzzer and the LED indicator will flash continuously while the siren is alarming. If the gateway is disarmed, the siren will stop screaming, and if the gateway is not disarmed the siren will stop screaming after 3 minutes (auto cutoff).
Audio Status Indication
The siren will sound during an alarm for 3 minutes when activated.
- For Burglar & Panic Alarm, the siren gives a steady alarm sound.
- For Fire/Smoke, the siren gives an intermittent alarm sound of 2-second siren followed by a 1 second interval, cycling during the alarm duration.
- The siren is silenced when either the 3 minute siren duration expires or when the gateway is disarmed.
While operating the system, the Siren emits different beeping sounds to distinguish various statuses for the user. See sound indications below. You can enable or disable this beep feature using the abode web app. The factory default volume for beeps is set off.
Armed away or Armed Home - 1 Beep
Disarmed - 2 Beeps
Previous alarm earning - 3 second alarm sound
Entry / Exit sound - Count down beeps