Device features and function
2. Cover- Screw (Access function button and battery)
3. Cover hinge hook
4. Battery Compartment
5. DIP Switch (Currently unused)
6. Function Button
Away: flashing GREEN every 7 seconds
RED FLASHING: If the status indicator is flashing RED every 4 seconds, the abode system is in the alarming/ triggered mode.
Pairing the Status Indicator into the Gateway
When pairing the status indicator to your gateway, you will need to use the abode web app.
- Access the adobe web app at my.goabode.com, on the dash board page you will see the device list, on the top of this page click on the “+” Add device
- In the Add Device dialog, select the proper device from the list and follow the wizard.
- Once instructed, insert the battery into the device then press the “Pairing” button several times on the inside of the sensor until you see the device show up on the app as detected.
- The device will show up in your device list, select Add and follow the wizard to complete the pairing process.
If pairing is not successful, please use the "other devices" method of "add device."*
(*We recently changed our system status indicators to utilize abode RF where they previously using Zigbee. As a result of this change, adding SOME system indicators needs to be done from the "other devices" menu option)If pairing is STILL not successful, remove battery and press button inside the sensor 4 times to clear voltage, then re-insert battery and make sure the gateway is in the pairing mode, then hold down the sensors pairing button while viewing the font of the sensor until the red led flashes one time and release the button, this may take up to 30 seconds for the red LED to flash, once it flashes, release the button then allow up to 3 minutes for the device to show up on the add device list. If this does not work, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Placing your status indicator in the right location:
The status indicator has been specifically designed to help prevent false alarms caused by user errors, and to increase the safety level of its users by reminding them of the systems status, and to warn if the alarm has been activated, take caution when entering the premise.
We recommend locating the status indicator:
- Inside the entry exit points of the home so that before you open that door to walk the dog, you will be aware that the system may be armed.
- When you pull your car into the garage or when you’re leaving, the status indicator can be located inside the garage next to the door to the house.
The status indicator can be mounted using two methods: Self-adhesive or Screw mounting.
1. Clean the surface with a suitable degreaser.
2. Remove the protective covering from one side of double-sided adhesive pad and firmly apply to the back of the device.
3. Remove the other covering and firmly place/press the device in the desired location.
Do not use the Self-adhesive mounting method on poorly painted and/or rough surfaces.
1. Detach the Top Cover and Base assembly by loosening the Cover-Screw on the bottom using a Philips screwdriver.
2. Break through the knockouts on the base.
3. Use the holes as a template to drill two holes and insert the wall plugs.
4. Screw the base into the wall plugs.
5. Replace the top cover over the base by hooking the base onto the fixing hook and pushing the cover towards the base.
6. Secure and screw the top cover back on to its base using a Philips screwdriver.
Low Battery Detection:
The status indicator features Low Battery Detection function. When the battery voltage is low, the status indicator will transmit a Low Battery signal to the abode gateway and send notifications to the user.