The abode keypad is a wireless easy-to-install solution that makes it easier than ever for you to securely control the mode of your abode gateway. You can add up to 40 different user codes that are easily added, changed or deleted - all from your abode web app.
Learning the keypad into the gateway
When adding the keypad to your gateway, you can use the web or mobile app. Find Add Device menu (on your abode dashboard or in the settings of the mobile app) and follow the instructions to add the keypad into your system.
Installing your keypad
The keypad can be 2-sided taped to a surface, or it can be attached with screws. Both the 2-sided tape and mounting screws can be found in the keypad box.
When using the 2-sided tape:
- Peel off one side of the 2-sided tape pad, and stick it to the back of the key-pad
- Find a suitable location, while keeping in mind the height of the users, and the most convenient spot that's not too far from your entry/exit paths.
- Peel off the protective side of the 2-sided tape and press the keypad firmly to the surface of wall etc.
When using Screws and wall anchors:
- Remove the front cover by loosening the screw located on the bottom
- Using the 2 mounting dimples located on the back cover as a template, drill a small hole (3/32") where each dimple is located
- Find a suitable location, while keeping in mind the height of the users and the most convenient spot that's not too far from your entry/exit paths.
- When attaching the keypad sheetrock, plaster or brick surface, make a small hole for each anchor and insert the plastic wall anchors in the holes.
- Screw the back of the keypad onto the wall using the screws and anchors if needed
- Replace the front cover.
Adding/editing a PIN code
- Open and Internet browser and login to my.goabode.com
- On the left-hand side menu, click on "Account," then "System Settings"
- Scroll all the way to the bottom to the section titled "Keypad Pin Codes"
- On the right-hand side, click on "Add Pin Codes" and enter User Name and User Code
Note: Keypad must be added to your system before creating PIN codes.