The Water Leak Sensor is capable of sending wireless signals to the abode Gateway and system upon water detection. The Water Sensor can also be mounted on the wall using the extension water sensing cable to detect water leakage or flood condition.
- LED Indicator
- A few Quick flashes:
- The Water Sensor has successfully connected to the abode Gateway.
- Flashes every 20 minutes:
- The Water Sensor has lost connection to the abode Gateway.
- Flashes once every second:
- The Water Sensor is under Alarm Silence Mode.
- A few Quick flashes:
- External Water Probe Connector
- Battery Compartment
- Mounting Hook
- Function Button
- Press once to send a pairing signal and supervisory signal to the gateway.
- Press once during alarm to enter Alarm Silenced Mode.
- Built-in water sensing pins
- Waterproof with removable rubber back
The new water sensing cable can detect water or any other conductive liquid along the entire length of the sensing cable. The female connector located at the end of the sensing cable is used when adding to the length of the cable and not to be used as a water detecting probe.
New water sensing cable features
Water Detection - The Water Sensor will be activated when water is detected through:
- The included external water sensing cable.
- Please remove the pre-installed rubber plug from the top of the device, the Water Sensor will emit beep sound every 10 seconds to indicate the absence of plastic plug, then connect the included external water sensing cable connector. When the water sensing cable is being used, the built-in water sensing pins on the back of the device will still be active and sense water.
- The built-in water sensing probe pins located on the back side of the sensor.
- Please make sure the rubber plug is well inserted into the top of the device when using this builtin type of detection function. The small water sensing pins are located on the gray rubber back area of the device.
- If water is detected through the above two detecting methods, the Water Sensor will start alarming and will transmit an alarm signal to the abode Gateway.
- If water persists, the Water Sensor will continue alarming and send alarm signal every 2 minutes.
- If water is subsided, the Water Sensor will stop alarming and transmit a restore signal. If the water sensing cable is wet, it must be air dried for a few hours before, it will quit sensing the water in its cloth cover. Temporarily removing the battery until the cable is dry may be necessary.
- Press the function button on the back on the sensor once to enter Alarm Silence mode for 10 minutes while alarming.
- Under Alarm Silence mode, the Water Sensor will not sound. The LED Indicator will flash every second to indicate it is under Alarm Silence mode.
- After 10 minutes, if water still persists, the Water Sensor will raise alarm and send alarm signal again.
Battery and Low Battery Detection
- The Water Sensor uses one CR123 3V Lithium battery as its power source.
- The Water Sensor features Low Battery Detection function. When the battery voltage is low, the Water Sensor will transmit Low Battery signal to the abode Gateway.
- When changing the battery, after removing the old battery, press the Function Button twice to fully discharge before inserting a new battery.
- Access the abode web app at (my.goabode.com) and log In. Then navigate to the Devices page, and then click on the “+”. above the Devices list.
- In the Add Device dialog, select the Other Devices tab at the top of the popup. You will see the spinning wheel and your gateway is now ready to pair your device.
- Remove the plastic battery tab from the Water Sensor
- Press and release the function button.
- In 2-3 seconds, you will see Water Sensor show up in the Add Device Dialog.
- Click Add, then name the water sensor then click next, and once the successfully added appears, you can close the pop-up.
- That’s it! The Water Leak Sensor is now paired with your abode system!
Installation - Mounting
Wall mounting: When using the mounting hook on the back of the device and the included external water sensing cable:
- Insert the screw into the wall where you're wanting to mount the water sensor. Ensure the head of the screw will fit into the mounting hole in the back of the device. Also, the water sensing cable is only 47" long, so be sure you take this into consideration.
- Hook the Water Sensor onto the screw using the Mounting Hook hole on the back of the device.
- The external water sensing cable has a connector on one end that plugs into the top of the sensor where the pre-installed Rubber plug is located, (Figure 1), be sure to remove the rubber plug and push in the water sensing cable connector firmly.
This moisture-absorbing sensing cable detects even the smallest volume of water, ethylene glycol, or other conductive liquid. It’s covered with a special cloth and can detect water or any other conductive liquid along the entire length of the sensing cable. The Water Sensing Cable can be further extended by connecting to another cable to improve detection range. (The Add-on extension sensing cables are not currently available)
Ground surface mounting (use the built-in water sensing pins located on the back of the device):
- Simply place your Water Sensor on its rubber back at the desirable location on the ground/floor or surface.
It is recommended to air dry residual water in a ventilated place for at least two hours before inserting the sensing cable
Replacing the Battery
- Pry the rubber backing off the sensor as shown in Figure 4
- Remove battery
- Press and release the learn button 5 times to release any remaining power
- Insert new battery
- Replace rubber backing
Mounting on the wall
Or on its back