The Recessed Door sensor is a small Door Sensor that is installed within the door frame and door and is concealed for protection.
The Door Sensor monitors the opening/closing of the door. When the door opens, the magnet moves away from the Door Sensor, causing the Door Sensor to transmit the door open signal to the Abode Gateway. When the door closes and the Door Sensor detects magnet again, it will transmit a door close signal.
Identifying the parts
- Pairing button hole is used when adding the device to the gateway and for placing the sensor into a test mode for 3 minutes.(Use a sharp tool like a paperclip)
- LED Indicator (Flickers when pressing in the Pairing button)
- Mounting Holes (Two small screws are included with the magnet)
- Battery pull tab insulator
The Recessed Door Sensor uses one 3V CR2 Lithium battery as its power source, it is also capable of detecting low battery. When the battery is low, a low battery signal will be sent to the Abode Gateway along with the regular transmission. The LED will light up when the Door Sensor is activated under low battery status. When the battery is exhausted, the Door Sensor will stop all function and the LED will flash every 4 seconds.The battery is pre-inserted with a battery pull tab. Pull out the battery pull tab to activate the sensor.
To replace the battery:
- Open the top cover by using a flat-head screwdriver, turn anti-clockwise indicated by the open arrow.
- Withdraw the internal component and remove the old battery.
- After battery is removed, press in the pairing button a couple times to fully discharge before inserting new battery.
- Align the PCB so that it easily slides into the plastic casing.
- Close top cover and turn clockwise by using the flat-head screwdriver until the latch marks align.
- Operating temperature is 14° to 113°, extreme cold temperatures will damage this devices battery. Use caution when using this device on perimeter doors or windows if it is exposed to harsh environments.
To Pair the Sensor to your abode Gateway:
- In the Abode Web App (https://my.goabode.com), click on the "+" in the Devices Section.
- In the Add Device Dialog, click the Other Devices Tab to put the Abode Gateway into pairing Mode
- Pull out the battery tab.
- Press the Learn/Test button once using a sharp tool (like a paperclip) to transmit learn code to the Abode Gateway, red LED should flicker.
- In a couple of seconds, you'll see Door Sensor show up in the web app dialog, click Add
- Follow the Wizard to complete the pairing of the sensor.
- Avoid mounting the Door Sensor near metal objects: such as door locks and metallic door frames that could possibly cause the magnet to malfunction.
- When mounting the Door Sensor and the Magnet, make sure both of them are aligned to each other to allow optimal opening/closing detection.
- The distance between the Door Sensor and magnet when the door is closed should be no more than 1/2' inch (12.7mm).
The following description and picture show how the Recessed Door Sensor and the Magnet should be mounted. Please follow the steps below to start mounting your Door Sensor (make sure the battery insulator pull tab is removed): We recommend using a 3/4" Paddle drill bit.
- Use a 3/4 inch (19mm) drill bit to drill a 2.75 inches (70mm) deep hole into your door frame for Door Contact main body. (Lager component)
- Use a 3/4 inch (19mm) drill bit to drill a .6 inches (15mm) deep hole into your door for the magnet. (Small component)
- Insert the Door sensors main body (Lager component) into the door frame and uses the included screws through the mounting holes using a screwdriver and tighten
- Insert the Magnet firmly into the drilled hole on the door. Installation is now complete.