The Light, Humidity and Temperature Sensor monitors your home environment and transmits measured Illuminance (lux), humidity and temperature to the Abode Gateway.
- Light Sensor / LED Indicator
- Flashes once: Factory Reset
- Flashes twice: After the sensor has successfully joined a ZigBee network.
- Flashes 3 times: Battery inserted.
- Flashes 5 times: Low battery detected when inserting battery.
- Flashes once every 20 minutes: The sensor has lost connection to its current ZigBee network.
- Temperature Sensor
- Battery Compartment
- Function Button
- Press once to send a signal to the Abode Gateway.
- Press and hold for 10 seconds to reset the device.
Lighting, Humidity and Temperature Monitoring
The sensor measures illuminance, humidity and temperature to transmit measured data to the Abode Gateway.
- Illuminance reading is transmitted every 30 minutes.
- Humidity and temperature reading is transmitted every 10 minutes.
The sensor will also transmit signal automatically when
- The temperature changes by +/- 2°C.
- Humidity changes +/- 10%.
- When the current illuminance changes by +/- 10%.
You can also press the Function Button once to transmit current reading manually.
Battery and Low Battery Detection
The sensor features Low Battery Detection function. When the battery voltage is low, the sensor will transmit Low Battery signal to the Abode Gateway.
When changing battery, after removing the old batteries, press the Function Button twice to fully discharge before inserting new battery.
If low battery voltage is detected upon inserting new battery, the LED indicator will flash 5 times.
The sensor will transmit a supervision signal along with the reading signal to report its condition regularly. The factory default interval is 30 minutes, which is a fixed setting.
Pair the Device to Your Abode Gateway
- Remove the sensor and battery from the box, and access the adobe web app, navigate to the Devices page, and then click on the “+”.
- In the Add Device dialog, select the Other Devices tab. Your gateway is now ready to pair your device.
- Insert the battery into the device then press and hold the Red button on the inside of the sensor until you see the face of the sensor flash red. (About 15 seconds)
- The device will show up in your device list, select Add and follow the wizard to complete the pairing process.
- That’s it! The Temperature, Humidity, and Light sensor is now paired with your Abode system!
If the sensor does not successfully pair, remove the battery and press the button 4 times to reset the sensor, then repeat the pairing process