As of November 2017, you can integrate your LIFX light bulbs with your abode Home. Integrating your LIFX bulbs allows them to be controlled from your abode Web and Mobile Apps as well as from the abode Automation Engine. To enable fast and accurate control of the LIFX, the light bulbs connect directly to the abode Hub via the LIFX Lan Integration.
As you can see in the screenshots below, you can control the Colors and Whites of LIFX bulbs attached to your abode Home via the abode Web and Mobile Apps.
You can also create abode automations which allow you to set light bulbs to a certain color based on other events in your abode home.
Add your LIFX to your WiFi Network
Before adding your LIFX to the abode Gateway, please follow the instructions included with the LIFX light bulb to add it to your WIFI Network. Once the bulb has been added to the WIFI network you can add it to to your abode Gateway.
**Please note: Because we are using the LIFX LAN integration, you’ll need to make sure that your LIFX bulbs and your abode Gateway are on the same Local Area Network (LAN). If they are not on the same LAN, you will NOT be able to connect the LIFX bulbs to your abode Gateway.
Add your LIFX to your abode Gateway
To connect a LIFX to the abode Gateway…..
- Make sure the LIFX is connected to your Wi-Fi Network using the LIFX Mobile App
- Make sure your LIFX light bulb is turned ON.
- In the abode Web App (https://my.goabode.com)
- In the Add Device Dialog, click the Other Device Tab
- In a couple of seconds, you’ll see the RGB Dimmer show up in the Add Device dialog. You can identify the device as a LIFX by the ID starting with “LX:XXXXXXX”
- Click the Add button next to the Device to add it to your abode Gateway
- Follow the wizard to complete the Add Process
Using LIFX light bulbs in abode Automations
**Please note, at the time of the release, there are still a couple of bugs with using RGB lights in automations. We are working to fix these issues and will release updates as the fixes are implemented and tested.
A couple examples for how you might integrate LIFX lights with your abode Home.
- When my system is in AWAY mode, change a light bulb(s) to Red.
- When my system is in Home mode, change a light bulb(s) to Blue.
- When my alarm is going off, turn all light bulbs Red.
To create an Automation that turns the Light Bulb Red when the system is armed to AWAY…
- Go to abode Web App (https://my.goabode.com)
- Select Automations from the left hand navigation
- Click ADD
- Select Status Automation
- Select the System Mode Tab and then Away >> Exit Timer Stop
- Select your LIFX Light bulb, your time span, then turn it ON and select your RGB settings
- Click Next and complete the Wizard to Save your Automation.
That’s it, your lights will now turn to Red when your system is armed.