As of 2019, you can now control your Abode Security system and some connected devices via Google Assistant. You can arm & disarm your system, view live video of your Abode cameras, control locks & lights, and check in on the status of your doors & windows.
Arming & Disarming
You can arm & disarm your system anytime with your voice. Just say the below:
- “Ok Google, arm Abode to away mode”
- “Ok Google, arm Abode to home mode”
- “Ok Google, disarm Abode”
- When asked to disarm, Google will ask you for the PIN code you set up in your integrations settings on the Abode App
You can have your screen-enabled Google Assistant pull up live video from your Abode camera.
- “Ok Google, show me my front door camera”
Locks & lights
Any Abode-compatible lock or light that is connected to your Abode system can be controlled by voice through Google Assistant.
- “Ok Google, lock my front door”
- “Ok Google, turn my bedroom lights on”
Doors & Windows
You can use Google Assistant to get the status of your Abode door & window sensors anytime.
- “Ok Google, is my patio door open?”
- “Ok Google, is my kitchen window closed?”
We will continue to update the Abode Integration as Google adds more functionality to the Smart Home API.
Connect Google Home to your Abode System
Follow these steps to connect your Google Home to your Abode system.
1. On your mobile device, open the Google Home appGoogle Home app.
2. On the Home tab, tap Add .
3. Tap Set up device.
4. Tap "Have something already set up?"
5. Select "Abode" from the list
6. Follow the steps to complete setup