We're human. False alarms do happen. According to our monitoring analysis, these are usually caused by a person in the household (family, roommate, maintenance worker) who opens a door/window and doesn't realize the system is armed.
Here are some steps to help reduce and prevent false alarms from occurring:
1. Set Your System into Standby Mode
If you would like to make sure your alarm doesn't sound or you do not have a key fob or a keypad handy to disarm in the event of an alarm, you should place your system into Standby Mode.
2. Silence All Gateway Sounds
To turn off all sounds please follow the steps below.
- Go to abode Web App (https://my.goabode.com)
- Then navigate to Account >> System Settings.
- In the System Settings page, select General Settings.
- Change Disable All Sounds to Enabled
*Note: If you have an add-on siren or an outdoor siren attached to your abode system and would like to turn off their sounds, please follow the steps below:
- Go to abode Web app (https://my.goabode.com)
- Then navigate to the Devices Tab
- In the Device list, locate your Siren and then click on the Edit Pencil to open the Device Edit dialog. Depending on which version of the siren you have, you should see something like the image below.
- Turn "OFF" all siren settings. Please note that you will hear the siren beep at you to confirm each change.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for any other siren attached to your abode system.