Did you know that you can name your mobile devices in the Abode system? Doing so can help you understand who, or what, triggered a specific event.
In recent releases, we’ve added additional data to each timeline event that shows how the event was triggered. If you see a 4-digit code next to your events, this is the ID of your phone in the Abode system. By changing this ID, you will get more informative timeline events as shown in the example below
To name your mobile devices
- Go to Abode Web App (http://my.goabode.com)
- Navigate to the Automations UI
- Click Add
- In the Create Automation dialog, select Location and then click Next.
5. On the Select Mobile Devices screen, click the Identify button next to the phone to send a push notification to that device.
6. Once you’ve identified a device, click the Edit Pencil icon next to that device to enter a more meaningful name.
7. Click the check mark (✓) to confirm the name change.
8. Repeat steps 5–7 for any other phones you wish to change.
9. Close the dialog in the upper right hand corner.
That’s it! Your phones have been named. The events in your timeline will be updated accordingly.