Device pairing summary:
The Essentials kit comes with all of its devices already paired with the gateway, and during the setup process the user activates the device by ether inserting the battery or removing a battery tab then simply naming the device etc. When adding (Pairing) a device to the gateway, this will require the user to use the pairing process which can be done from the abode mobile app or from the abode web app at my.goabode.com.
As abode continues to create new devices and integrate with more 3rd party devices, the process for adding these new devices to the gateway can vary and although many of them can be paired by using the abode mobile app, a few will require the use of the user’s abode web app at my.goabode.com
When using the abode mobile app to pair a device:
- Open the app and click on the setting button on the bottom right of the screen
- Then select + Add device
- Then select the type of device you wanting to add to the gateway
- Then follow the wizard to complete the process
When using the abode web app, access your web account at my.goabode.com:
- On the main Dashboard page, locate and press the + Add button on the top of the page
- Select the type of device from the list of device icons
- The wizard will take you through the process of adding the device.
For more specific information on pairing a device, use the search feature on the support page. You can type in the name of the device to find the support article.