This topic provides instructions for configuring your Abode Smart Home skill to allow Alexa to unlock smart locks that you have integrated with your Abode System.
When enabled, you’ll be able to say phrases like "Alexa, unlock my Front Door". Alexa will respond asking you for a PIN code. When you’ve provided a valid PIN code, the door will unlock and Alexa will confirm that the door was unlocked.
Enable Unlock by Voice
Please note that this topic assumes you have already integrated the Abode Smart Home Skill with your Abode Home. If you have not done this yet, please follow these instructions. Once you’ve completed the integration, return to this topic to enable unlocking via Voice Control.
Follow these steps to enable Unlock by Voice in your Alexa App.
- Open the Alexa app on your mobile phone, tap the menu in the top left corner and select “Smart Home.”
- On the “Smart Home” page, tap on one of your integrated locks.
- On the “Lock Settings” page, tap “Edit” in the top right corner.
- Tap the toggle next to “Unlock by Voice.”
- Tap OK in the “Enable unlock by voice” dialog.
- Create your 4 digit pin, then confirm your PIN by entering it again.
- Complete the process by confirming your Amazon Alexa password.
- That’s it! You can now see that “Unlock by Voice” has been enabled.
- If you would like to also allow doors to be unlocked via your Amazon Alexa mobile app, you can also enable that by tapping “Unlock by app.”
Test it out
Confirm that things are working properly by telling Alexa to unlock a door. She will respond asking for your unlock PIN. When a valid PIN has been provided, she will respond that your door has been unlocked.
"Alexa, unlock my Front Door."