abode IP Streaming Camera User Guide
The abode streaming camera can be viewed from the abode web or mobile app and captures video clips when the alarm is activated or on request.
- Night vision & IR illuminators, wide angle lens
- Ethernet & Wi-Fi capable: 802.11b/g
- Encrypted secured stream JPEG & H.264
- Different storage options including local video storage
- Privacy Button
- 2 sec pre-alarm and 8 sec post alarm capturing
- Wall mount bracket (adjustable swivel)
The abode streaming camera series creates limitless possibilities in one simple solution.
- Live-feed video streaming
- Alarm-triggered video recording that includes pre-alarm recording
- On-demand request for video clip recording from the web or mobile app.
The IP Camera will capture video in the following situation:
- When an alarm is activated by the abode system, the streaming camera will capture a 10 second video clip.
- When the user manually requests a video using theabode web or mobile app.
The length of captured video is 10 seconds, with 2 seconds of video showing pre-alarm/activation
- Image sensor: 1.3 megapixel progressive scan CMOS sensor
- Lens focus: 4.2mm F1.6 fixed focus
- Wired internet connectivity: RJ-45 Ethernet connector and built in Wi-Fi radio 802.11b/g
- Video compression: JPEG & H.264
- Video resolution: 1280 x 720
- Power supply included: 5V/2A, 100~240V AC wall transformer w/6’ cord
- Local storage: Micro SD card 4GB
- Motion detection: Video motion detection (future)
- Two-way voice / Talk & Listen (Future)
- Dimensions: 3.5’’x 4’’x 2.5’’
- Operating temperature: 14° to 113° deg
- Operating humidity: Up to 85% non-condensing
Identifying the components of the abode streaming camera
- IP Camera Lens
- Power LED (Green)
- On: powered
- Off: unpowered
- WPS transmission LED (Red)
- Flashes for 5 seconds: Entering WPS protocol
- Flashes for 3 seconds: Connected to Wi-Fi
4. Internet-Connection LED (Blue)
- On: connected to internet (wired or wireless)
- Off: disconnected from internet
- WPS Button
- Press WPS button on Wi-Fi router then press the camera WPS button
- Privacy Button
- Press and hold for 2 seconds to enter or exit privacy mode. Press and hold for 10 seconds to enter pairing mode.
- Expandable Micro-SD slot
- Ethernet Cable Port
- DC Jack(5V DC, 2A input)
- Camera bracket mounting hole
- Photo Cell, turns on illumination for low light, changes camera color/BW
- Near invisible infrared illumination LED’s
- Camera mounting bracket
Preparing to pair the streaming camera to the abode gateway
- Remove the camera, power transformer, and ethernet cable from the box
- Plug one end of the ethernet cable into a spare port on your router, and the other end into the back of the camera. The ethernet cable is used to register your camera - add it to the gateway and set it up to communicate with your wireless Wi-Fi router.
- Insert the power transformer connector into the back of the camera and plug the transformer into an AC outlet.
- Next you will use your abode web or mobile app to pair the streaming camera with the gateway, once this is accomplished you will be able to stream live video from the web and mobile app.
Pairing and installing the streaming camera
When pairing the streaming camera with the abode gateway, we recommend using the abode mobile app or web app. Log-into the app, click on the “settings” button located on the bottom right of the screen, then click on “add a new device.” Select streaming camera and follow the instructions on each screen. They both use similar screens for this process.
Below are screenshots from the mobile app during the pairing process.
Cloud storage for video clips can be changed based on service plan.
Once you have set up the Wi-Fi router settings and completed the naming of the streaming camera, unplug the power and ethernet cables from the camera, relocate the camera to the desired location and power up the camera using its transformer. Allow a full 1 or 2 minutes for the camera to boot-up and connect to your Wi-Fi router.