Keypad (Gen 2)
The perfect addition to your system, our new & improved keypad features a built-in motion sensor to alert you to your system status every time you walk by, backlit buttons for easy low-light arming and disarming, and more. You can add up to 40 different user codes that are easily added, changed or deleted - all from your abode web app.
- 15 backlit buttons for easy night use
- Quickly change the status of your abode system: Away, Home, Standby
- USB rechargeable battery lasts up to 6 months on single charge
- 40 user codes controlled using the abode web app
- Low battery detection
- Motion activated system status display
- Magnetic wall mount
- Fire, Panic, and Health alert modes
- Use motion detection for alarms and CUE automations
Pairing the Keypad With Your Abode Gateway
When adding the keypad to your gateway, you can use the web or mobile app. Find Add Device menu (on your abode dashboard or in the settings of the mobile app), select the Keypad 2 option and follow the instructions to add the keypad into your system.
The Keypad will pair in as two devices— a Keypad and an Occupancy Sensor. The Occupancy Sensor can be used to activate alarms or to trigger CUE automations. Note that by default the Keypad motion sensor will not trigger an alarm when your system is armed.
Installing your Keypad
Your Keypad may be used lying flat on a surface or wall mounted using the included Magnetic Mount.
For ideal motion detection, mount the Keypad on a wall about 4.5 feet above the ground. If movement is detected by the motion sensor, the backlit keys of the Keypad will light up.
The Keypad can be mounted to the wall using the included Magnetic Mount. First mount the magnet to your preferred location using the included screws or adhesive strips, then clip the Keypad directly to the magnet. The included screw anchors may be used for drywall, plaster, or brick surfaces.
Keypad LED Light Guide
- Pairing Mode - long press 1 + 3 to enter Keypad into pairing mode
- Disable/Enable Motion Detection - long press 4 + 6 to disable/enable motion detection
- Disable/Enable Sounds - long press 7 + 9 to disable/enable button press and countdown sounds
- Away key - short press AWAY to enter system into Away mode
- Home key - short press HOME to enter system into Home mode
- Standby key - disarm with user pin code. Enter code, then press STANDBY to enter system into Standby mode
- Panic alarm - long press to activate
- Fire alarm - long press to activate
- Health alarm - long press to activate
- Motion Sensor - capable of detecting motion with a 90 degree coverage at up to 3 meters
- Abode logo LED - changes color to reflect system changes (see indicator table)
- Micro USB charging port (cable included)
- Reserved for future custom usage
To change system mode
Enter your PIN code followed by the system mode (AWAY, HOME, or STANDBY) you would like the system to enter.
AWAY and HOME modes may also be armed with quick-arming by selecting the AWAY or HOME mode button without entering a PIN code.
When an incorrect PIN code is entered the Keypad will beep 4 times and the Abode logo will flash red 5 times. The code may be re-attempted after the 5 flashes. If there are 5 incorrect attempts within 10 minutes, the Keypad will disable for 5 minutes for security.
To activate emergency alarm
- Emergency - hold down the AWAY button for 3 seconds
- Fire - hold down the HOME button for 3 seconds
- Health - hold down the STANDBY button for 3 seconds
Disable/Enable motion detection
Motion detection is enabled by default on the Keypad. To disable this features hold down the 4 + 6 keys for 3 seconds. Motion detection can be re-enabled hold holding down the 4 + 6 keys again for 3 seconds. Note that disabling the motion detection will also disable motion detection for alarms and CUE automations.
Disable/Enable sound effects
Keypad key press, door open, and countdown timer sounds may be disabled by holding down the 7 + 9 keys for 3 seconds. Sounds can be re-enabled hold holding down the 7 + 9 keys again for 3 seconds.
Use motion detection for CUE automations
The Keypad will add to your system as two devices— a Keypad and an Occupancy Sensor. The occupancy sensor is capable of detecting motion with a 90 degree coverage at up to 3 meters. By default, the Occupancy Sensor will not be setup to activate alarms when your system is armed. The alarm function may be added in the Abode web app. The Occupancy Sensor will also be available for usage as a Trigger for CUE automations (e.g. when motion is detected, turn on Power Outlet). For more details about CUE automations visit https://goabode.com/meet-cue/
Use auxiliary keys
Future app updates will allow user to program the Triangle and Square buttons to perform up to four unique functions or scenes.
Keypad uses one 3000mAh 3.7V rechargeable battery. For first time use, it is recommended to let your Keypad charge for at least 4 hours using the included Micro USB charging cable and a 5V USB port.
When the battery is low, a low battery alert will be sent to your gateway, and red LED will blink on the Keypad twice every 60 seconds. While the Keypad is charging, the green LED will be solid. When battery charge has been fully restored, the green LED will turn off.
On the back of the keypad, in the bottom left corner, is a hard reset button. With a paperclip, hold this button down for 10 seconds to factory reset the keypad. Note that completing a factory reset will not unpair the Keypad from your gateway, but will force the Keypad to restart and delete any presets (such as motion sensing having been disabled).
Adding/Editing a PIN Code
- Open a web browser and login to my.goabode.com
- On the left-hand side menu, click on "Account," then "System Settings"
- Scroll all the way to the bottom to the section titled "Keypad Pin Codes"
- On the right-hand side, click on "Add Pin Codes" and enter User Name and User Code