Widgets enable you to have quick access to Abode features and functionalities such as system modes and streaming cameras without opening the Abode app itself.
For Android devices:
- Tap and hold on an empty portion of your smartphone’s home screen.
- Tap Widgets on the options that will pop up on the bottom of the home screen.
- Select Abode among the widgets, then tap Add. The widget will be added to your home screen. Take note that for Android devices, the Abode System Modes widget is available. The widget enables you to arm your system to Home or Away mode right from your home screen.
- To resize the widget, tap and hold on it then drag the blue resizing dots on either side of the widget.
- To remove the widget, tap and hold on it, then tap Remove on the dialog box that appears on top of the widget.
For iOS devices:
- On your iPhone home screen, swipe left to go to the Today View.
- Touch and hold a widget or an empty area in Today View until the apps wiggle.
- Tap the grey + icon in the top left-hand corner.
- Search and select Abode, then choose from the three available widget types: System Modes, Device Status, and Camera Image.
- Tap Add Widget, then tap Done.
- To edit the widget, touch and hold a widget to open the quick actions menu.
- Tap Edit Widget.
- Make your changes to the widget such as changing the source camera on your Camera Image feed.
- Tap outside the widget to exit.